Thursday, June 18, 2015

Flight Rising - Raising and Breeding Dragons

Since early April, I've been playing a newer online game with some of my close friends after a recommendation to create an account during one of their open periods. The game is called Flight Rising, a database where users can breed, raise, and fight dragons. The interface resembles games similar to Fallen London, browser-based and textual.  Upon signing in, each user is required to choose a clan based off of the eleven elemental gods that helped shape the universe. After that, you are able to create your own dragon from scratch based off of four starter types (there are eleven breeds of dragons total.) This will be the only direct customization, however, because after the tutorial your only means of dragon tailoring will be through breeding different pairs of dragons with many different colors and genes.  On my account, I am Pyroxima, currently a lower resident of the Emberglow Hearth in the fire clan. My overall goal for the game is to collect all of the different types of dragons, male and female, in each of the eleven clans. I have already written out extensive and organized spreadsheets for everything that I have collected, but I still have a long ways to go.

The game also supports some role-playing, with an ability to provide lengthy descriptions for yourself and your dragons. The encyclopedia also holds the background lore to the game, detailing the beginnings of the world. I eventually plan to take a more serious role in roleplaying my own story to add to the narrative of the game.

You can find the game at the link below, but it is important to note that sign-in periods are very strict. You will only be able to sign up for the game usually once a month and last for about two days. The registration window is closed right now for the June period, but when July comes around I hope that this has persuaded some to join. If you'd like, you can send me a friend request when you join and I will be more than happy to help out any new players. I hope to see this website grow!

Flight Rising: http://www1.flightrising.com/

My Clan Page: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=143568

No comments:

Post a Comment