Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Time to be Frank.

Hello, I'm Frank.

Now that my quota for obvious jokes have been made, I feel I need to update on the blog's progress.

I am currently enrolled in my first semester as a sophomore in college at Illinois State University. I'm having a real  nice start to the year, but unfortunately I have been busier than I have ever been. My classes demand lots of attention and study time, which takes away from my ability to continuously write for this blog. All of the subjects I want to write about or have already planned to write about take a lot more thought power than I'm able to presently provide. However, I still want to keep this blog running and updated, hence my dilemma.

That's why I'm going to try out an idea that came to me earlier today. At my mother's house in my hometown, I have a large collection of books. (Currently the number sits around 320 and always growing.) It has been a collection I officially started last year and features a very large variety of subjects. It is entirely unfocused and include many of my current interests, my childhood literature, and anything cheap and/or free that looked interesting.

So I want to talk about them.

The entire collection is listed on an excel worksheet on my computer along with their publishers, authors, and the dates that they were published. It isn't a perfect list, and I'm nearly positive I've left a few texts out, but it still includes a large majority of what I store on my shelves. Once a week, I will use a random number generator to pick out a book. The only other stipulation is that I have to have read it. If the generator produces the number of a book I have not read yet, I will pick the closest one that has been.

I've been planning on talking about my book collection for a few months, and I think this is a perfect way to do so. There won't be a specific format for each post. It will all depend on what I feel like talking about. Like I said, the collection is always growing and there will always be new additions to talk about. There will be one for this week which I will work on as soon as I finish typing this up!

I'm very excited to start, so keep coming back for more posts about books!

No comments:

Post a Comment